Meeting Minutes

October Meeting Minutes

posted Nov 6, 2013, 4:37 PM by Michelle Nelson

Oct.2, 2013

JJJC Meeting

Call to order at 7:30pm

Tony Arnold Jr. was our guest.

Minutes of last meeting Sept.4 were read and approved.

Treasury report by Vicki was approved, there was $******  in checking acct.

Michelle had no additions to the webmistress report, except that the movies are being difficult to load, and she is needing pics of old pass members.

Special Business:

Nominating Committee: Debut of the 2014 Slate (Rick /Don/Mills) President is Don S. & Gary P, Treasurer is Dawn, Secretary is Judy.

Jeep Run Business: Report on Last Month

Annual Picnic was by Michael and Vicki LePenske, nice turn out, it was warm, no pool, the ants had previous reservations!

Old Business;

Installation Dinner Venues by Gary and Jack were tabled. Morenos and Zendayas are booked. Jim to check Los Flores to see if available, Tony to check Pechanja Casino. All agreed we really need a definite place soon,  Motion to give Jim A. $100 to reserve the room for buffet or menu ordering.

Discussion on the prices for the Sand Dune Passes.  1st wk is $35 2nd wk$25, go online  w/BLM talked to Ranger, get SRS go to BLM and prove that we will be out of the zone, license/green sticker legal, www.blm.gov/ca/isdra.. any 7 days.

Polly’s Pies calendar, check again in November, but we sh/be ok.

Bil found the lost sign in book.

There was a Family Jeep Expo in Victorville  Sept 28, this was a task force, promoting offroading, blm, victor valley 4 x4.

Jeep Run Preview of this month; Red Rock is the destination, 10/26/13, Michael & Vicki are the Trail bosses, those wanting to go to the McGyver cabin will go a day early.

New Business;

The Sand Drags are at Soboba Casino 10/4, Jack will be going on Thurs b/4.

Michelle will be in charge of the raffle for the Installation Dinner.

Gary let us know that Betty is doing ok from her knee surgery of today.

There will be the offroad show at the Pomona fair grounds this coming week end, Gary (?) will be at the General Tire Booth.

Jeep Run Business; Future Months

Michelle would like to do Mojave Road perhaps in March when she is out of school, Mar 17, or switch w/April easter week since no one has kids in schools we can go anytime we can get vacation from work, much discussion on this that will continue.

Tony Arnold Sr. is going to renew his membership.

Meeting adjourned at approx 8:30pm

June Meeting Minutes

posted Jul 3, 2013, 8:20 AM by Michelle Nelson

JJJC Meeting Agenda -- June 5, 2013

Routine Business

1.      Call to Order – 7:33

2.      Introduction of Guests -  None

3.      Reading of Minutes 

4.      Treasury Report – Balance was ****– Debit to TriForm – Credit from Coughran and Nelson  dues  New balance is $****.**

5.      Webmistress Report – Asked for pictures, Told about possible outages of website, Passed out Ride info sheets. Michelle has the club run books and will post info on the website.  Gary shared a little club history 3 members with 3 wives in their time in the club.

Special Business

6.      Clarification of Recent Correspondence – Incident happened outside of the meeting and was a personal incident.

Jeep Run Business: Report on Last Month

7.      No Club Run – Recent Trips by Members –Don talked about his trip to Death Valley and Saline Valley Hot Springs -  Michelle reported on HDR and told about Matino Wash and BullFrog/CakeWalk

Old Business

8.       Continued: Bank Account Signature Mission – Mission was accomplished!  Bil thanked Gary for taking the trip.  All of the signatures are done.

9.       Continued: Addition of FRS to Suggested Equipment List – Cannot find the thumb drive – Bil recreated the document.  It will be put in the run book.

10.    Printed Agendas: Adequate? – 10 copies is plenty

11.    Continued: Did Don Disassociate Himself from Adopt-a-Trail? – Don feels he has been disassociated and no further action is necessary.

12.    Continued: Gabriele to Distribute Corrected Rosters – Gabriele brought the rosters and Bil distributed.

13.    Betty had knee surgery last Wednesday – Operation was successful.  Jim says she is getting better because she slapped Jim.  The moved her to a Rehab place on Monday.

Jeep Run Business: Preview of This Month

14.    Lake Arrowhead – June 22 -- Trailboss: Travis Shephard – Run will be to Holcomb Valley Self guided tour.  Everyone to meet at the Discovery Center at 9:30 for a very easy trail ride in the mountains.

New Business

15.    Report on Dawn Weddle’s Recovery -  Dawn is home now.  Doing home therapy  She is up walking – She is doing very well!! – Jack or Gary will do minutes next month.

16.    Jeep Run for August  - Tim will do it to Big Bear in August!!

17.    Michelle brought up Best Run Award and the possibility of bringing back the idea – Club has decided to bring back the Best Run award. – Details to be decided later.

18.    CORVA announced Harry Baker is the new president – will watch to see if the club may be interested in rejoining

Jeep Run Business: Preview of Future Months

19.  Tim and Michelle talked about Big Bear run – Possible start in  Pioneer Town

Final Business

20.    Sharon has the decals for sale

21.    Adjournment 8:51

May Meeting Minutes

posted Jun 5, 2013, 9:31 AM by Michelle Nelson

JJJC Meeting Agenda

May 1, 2013

Routine Business

1.     Call to Order – 7:33

2.     Introduction of Guests - None

3.     Reading of Minutes - Approved

4.     Treasury Report – $******* – Dues not paid by all members – Those unpaid have  been notified.

5.     Webmaster Report – Updated run Reports, Guardian Jeepers, and April minutes posted.  No other concerns.

Special Business

6.     Correspondence with the President – Read an e-mail from Tony Arnold about his thoughts about the club and Bil’s reply to the e-mail.   Tony has resigned from the club. President asked for input from people about what the problem is. 

Jim brought up the multiple run issue again as a possible reason. Bil says his position has been and will be if you have a problem, let him know and he will try to fix it.

Jeep Run Business: Report on Last Month

7.     Johnson Valley – Michelle Nelson – Showed video – Great time was had by all at Rattlesnake Canyon then a great little BBQ at Judi’s after the run. 

8.    Bill checked to see if everyone liked the new format.  Don suggested adding a preview of future months run,

Old Business

9.      Fulfillment of Latest Club Regalia Order – Order was received.  Sharon passed out  decals to new members that needed them.  Decals will be passed out to other New members when possible. Sharon asked for check for $272.43 for decals.  They are available for sale $10 each.  Bil asked Sharon to bring them to all meetings to sell and thanked her for her work on getting the decals.

10.   Continuance of Bank Account Signatures – Bil will get with Michael, and Gary to schedule.  Michael is out of town and they will postpone getting scheduled to go to the bank till next month.

11. Addition of FRS to Suggested Equipment List – The thumb drive is misplaced and Bil will find it to make changes.

12. Debut of Trail Boss Questionnaire – passed around the new form.  Multiple copies will be put in the Run Book for future runs.  All Trailbosses are asked to fill it out and return it to Michelle as soon as possible to get a run report on the website. 

13. Bil was asking about how many copies of the agenda to print.  Asked everyone to print their own and he will bring reduced copies.

14. Reaction to New Agenda Format  -  Bil had already discussed this and everyone liked the new format.

15. Report on Discontinuance of Adopt-a-Trail – Don did not formally dissociate with the program but he did not re-sign up this year.  Don will take the responsibility to disassociate himself.  The consensus was to let it go.

16. Other: Got back membership for Blue Ribbon Coalition.

17. Gabriele distributed copies of the roster but there were errors and she will correct and redistribute next month. 

18. Vicki suggested that she stay the treasurer therefore Michael would not need to be on the signature.  So they will get together to get the signatures ASAP.  Since she was elected as treasurer, there are no changes that need to be made.

Jeep Run Business: Preview of This Month

16.  Silverwood Lake – Need Volunteer Trail Boss – 1st suggestion was to find a trail boss to take the run to Silverwood.  None volunteered to take the run.  Michelle volunteered to maybe take it to Cleghorn but the only weekend available is not good for everyone.  Possible picnic at Sharons.  It is up in the air.

New Business

17.  Report on Dawn Weddle’s Surgery (Today & Tomorrow) – Surgery for the Bone Graft was on Monday it was very successful.  Today they put in the hardware and the surgery went very well.  She was up standing by her bed and cussing at Jack.  At 8pm tonight they were going to try to get her up walking a few steps.

18.  Discussion of By-Laws Adjustment to Accommodate Non-Married Members – Do we need a bylaws change?  Gary says no because we bend the rules for other things.  Gary says we should consider them as partners and leave it the way it is.  Rick gave Sharon her proxy vote if ever necessary.  No formal changes

19.  Acknowledgement of Gary Parkin’s Community Service – Gary is being acknowledged for his community service for the City of Costa Mesa – Historical Committee for 2 year term, Then called by Mayor to be on the Pension Reform committee. 

20.  Got a letter from IRS – Did not file form 990 for tax year 2011 – Vicki says she already filed it and she confirmed with them.

21. Included Josh Schneider – Bil Got an e-mail – He is living in Western New York.  He may be moving back west soon.  He replied that we would like to see him.

22. Don brought up adding the Next, next month run.  Suggested it be right after new business.  Bil suggested after new business.  It will be added as Upcoming Runs. 

23. Michelle said that the June run will be June 22nd to Big Bear. 

24. Don asked about how other clubs meetings.  Michelle spoke about VV4W and Gary spoke about the Drifters meetings.  Bil says in his experiences at other clubs that he belongs to have meetings similar. 

Final Business

25.  Statements from the Floor

26.  Adjournment 9:04

 

April Meeting Minutes

posted Apr 28, 2013, 8:40 PM by Michelle Nelson

JJJC Meeting Minutes April 3, 2013

Call to order at 7:30 PM

No guests

Minutes read and approved for Mar. 2013 meeting.

No treasury report, Le Penskes not present.

Webmaster report; added run reports, calico pictures, meeting minutes, videos, questionnaire for the Trail Boss.

Michelle set up video for the Mammoth Wash Easter run 3/18 thru 3/25/2013.  Gary Parkin was trail boss.

Old Business:

Report on Regalia; all approved for Sharon to order decals, 26 magnetic 7” @6.75, 10 ea sticky 7” @ 7.00. $245.50 + tax, approximate.

New members will need 2 ea, Travis, Michelle, Judy, George&Barb, Tim.

None got together @ bank, Bil will schedule w/Mike and Gary for April sometime.

Telephone tree was finished and distributed.

Verified Liability forms are in the Trail Book.

Bil will update the Suggested Equipment list with the addition of FRS radio.

Discussion on the alternative Jeep runs, perhaps we can talk about what is coming up several months in advance, if there are long weekends that others  can’t go, they could plan a day trip for example.

JJJC Rooster will continue to be updated by Gabrielle.

 

New Business:

Trail Boss questionnaire discussed. Michelle to recreate a recap of runs to be put on the website.  Trail boss should complete in a timely manner. Motion was passed and questionnaire to be in the run book.

There will be no change in the way the minutes are done.

The recap of the previous months run and the upcoming run to be discussed earlier in the meetings, all agreed and this will be done…. last mos b/4 Old Business and next mos b/4 New Business.

Motion to releave Don Stephens the position of coordinator for the Adopt a Trail program.

Discussion on the issue of members who have a significant other but are not married, as is the case of Sharon & Rick.  She is allowed to do business for the club, t-shirts, decals etc, but is not afforded the membership status and allowed to hold office. All present agreed that she is a member and should have those same rights. Going forward this may need to be addressed on individuals as it comes up.

Gary reported on Mammoth Wash run, great time, wonderful weather.

Next month is Johnson Valley, trail boss is Michelle Nelson.

Adjourned at 9:30pm.

 

March Meeting Minutes

posted Mar 16, 2013, 6:56 AM by Michelle Nelson   [ updated Apr 3, 2013, 7:38 PM ]

JJJC MEETING MINUTES OF MARCH 6, 2013

Call to order at 7:30pm.

There were no guests.

Minutes of Feb. 6, 2013 were read and approved by Dawn Weddle.

Vicki Le Penske read the treasury report, there is ******   in the checking acct.

Webmaster Report; names were updated, Google to be updated b/4 Don Stephen’s run report to be added. Betty has pictures of Calico to be added. Discussion on putting the run reports on the site.  A run questionaire will be given to the trail boss with basic questions.  This will help attract new members when they can see and read what the club is doing.

Gary Parkin will send the new Phone list with the next run notice for March.

Old Business;

Club regalia; Discussion on this moved to April meeting.

The club liability form is ok, it should be filled out for any guests that participate on club runs.

The club equipment list is ok, the addition of FRS by CB is to be added.

Vicki gave the bank our club members info, 3 people, herself, Bil Seymour and Gary Parkin will need to meet and go to the bank together, taking the club minutes that note Bil Seymour is President and Vicky is Treasurer.

Bil is now in posession of the Dumb Shit Flag.

Envelopes were given to Michelle for the April run and to Gary for the March run, there are envelopes for everyone thru April. Those needing more will be notified, please know I will put mine in the box at the May meeting. The box of envelopes was given to Michelle for the April meeting, temporarily while Dawn is out having surgery.

New Business;

We need to make sure that every month each member gets a run notice mailed to them.

Our club medical kit is missing or misplaced. It’s probably somewhere at Dick Moon’s home, but Mike Le Penske has not found it.  Since all members should be carrying their own first aid kits in each vehicle, it is not necessary to have the trail boss take this kit on each run.

Discussion on the format of our meetings. Many expressed their ideas, some wanting a lighter more fun meeting with less business and less discussion on minor decisions. We need to me somewhere in the middle and this will be addressed again. If Bil is informed in advance of issues and it’s on his agenda, the meeting goes more smoothly. Bill can send out his agenda in advance, that would give members more time and opportunity to add an item or think of what they need to say.

Bil reminded us all to watch our language at the meetings, this is a family and public venue. We should all respect that.

Discussion on the types of jeep runs, praises were given to all trail bosses. However, there was some concern of the difficult of some runs so that everyone can participate. Also, long week end trips can be costly for some members. More on this will be addressed.

A new 2013 rooster is needed. I believe Michelle may be doing this.

Don Stevens reported on Calico in Feb. They had good weather, no problems.

Gary Parkin is taking us (hope he has room for us all in the motorhome!) to Mammoth Wash Mar 25, for the Easter Week. I’m sure he’ll have fun activities during the week, games? Happy hour!

Michelle will be taking us to the Lucerne Valley April 27.

Bill handed out copies to everyone of the Club By Laws.

Meeting adjourned at 9pm.

1-5 of 5